Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Motions

As I came across the bridge this morning, Matthew West was on the radio, singing these powerful words, "I don’t wanna go through the motions, I don’t wanna go one more day, Without Your all consuming passion inside of me, I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking, What if I had given everything? Instead of going through the motions"  It made it a little hard for me to see the road, as the emotion of the moment overwhelmed me.  That is exactly the conviction of my heart during these pivotal days in my life.  This morning is the beginning of our Spring Revival with Dr. Greg Frizzell.  The next three weeks will involve a three day revival during which we host the Oklahoma Baptist Bible Fellowship Meeting, a three day trip to Denver with Chelsea that will include a conference about innovative World Missions and my first 5k race, and my first trip to Israel.  Before it even begins, my body and soul are tired, but I can't let these wonderful opportunities pass me by without squeezing every drop of God's intended purpose out of them.  I want to live the abundant life that Christ came to give us.  I don't want to get to heaven and hear Christ say, "Is that all you did with the life I paid so much to provide for you?"  In Francis Chan's powerful book, Crazy Love, he asks a question that has been on my mind ever since I read it. "What are you doing in your life today that really requires faith?"  So much of what we do is safe, controlled, and requires very little from us.  Most of what we do for God could just as easily be accomplished if God did not exist.  It seems to me that the Bible calls us to something greater, a life that demands that God intervene if we are going to succeed.  David ran toward Goliath knowing that if God didn't get involved, he didn't have a chance.  But David had faith that God had called him to this battle and that He would come through.  My prayer for the next three weeks is that God would speak so clearly to my heart that I would have no trouble recognizing His voice and then that I would have the faith to do whatever He asks of me and not just go through the motions.

No comments:

Post a Comment