Thursday, April 1, 2010

Forgiven

Here is a poem I wrote a while back that has special meaning to me today.


                              Forgiven

Wonderfully forgiven, Oh what a blessed state,
To know that Christ my Savior has cancelled every debt.
To find myself in freedom, when once I lived in chains,
To gladly sing of mercy, set free from Satan's claims.
How wonderful to realize that, though my sin was rotten,
It's stench of death that once I bore is now all but forgotten.
The crimes against a Righteous God that caused an awful stain,
Were blotted out with Jesus blood and now I'm pure and clean.
But what of those whose wicked deeds have left on me their scar?
Can I demand that they be brought before the Judgment Bar?
Can I deny them access to the grace bestowed on me?
Can I begrudge the chance for them from their sin to be set free?
I find that when their hurtful deeds are all that I can see,
The chains I sought to bind them with wrap tightly around me.
The only way to fully find true peace with God in heaven,
Is to live and love and to forgive as we have been forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment