Friday, May 7, 2010

Through The Gates

I am on the road today, driving back from Ohio. I am posting this from the McDonalds parking lot, just north of Columbus.  Since I don't have a lot of time and considering the events of the last few days, I thought I would share a poem with you that I wrote a couple of years ago called Through The Gate.


In perfect peace, with blissful song
I’ll rest with Christ on high
When I have laid this body down
And flown beyond the sky
Into a land of endless day
Where dearest loved ones dwell
Where awesome wonders far outweigh
Our ability to tell.
I’ll look with wonder at the walls
Made up of jewels rare
And walk along the golden streets
And breathe celestial air.
With loved ones near I’ll find my way
Down streets that all will have trod
And find myself upon my face
Before the throne of God
I’ll praise Him in His majesty
I’ll glorify His name
I’ll loudly sing with a perfect voice
He is worthy of all fame.
Then I’ll thank Him for His mercy
And His sacrificial grace
That led Him to that cross to die
And brought me to this place.
Then with the holy angels
And millions gathered round
I’ll humbly bow before him
And lay my trophies down
I pray that on that blessed day
When I stand before God’s Son
He’ll look at me with love and say
My faithful child, Well done.

It is with a grateful heart that I praise the Lord this morning, that Scott has experienced this already and is now one of those awaiting the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment