Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What Now?

The following song by Steven Curtis Chapman has always been a challenge to me.  It's called "What Now?"
It finds its inspiration in the story in Matthew 25:40.


I saw the face of Jesus in a little orphan girl
She was standing in the corner on the other side of the world
And I heard the voice of Jesus gently whisper to my heart
Didn't you say you wanted to find Me, Well, here I am and here you are

So what now? What will you do now that you've found Me?
What now? What will you do with this treasure you've found?
I know I may not look like what you expected, but if you'll remember
This is right where I said I would be. You found Me.
What now?

And I saw the face of Jesus down on Sixteenth Avenue
He was sleeping in an old car while his mom went looking for food
And I heard the voice of Jesus gently whisper to my soul
Didn't you say you wanted to know me, Well, here I am and it's getting cold.

So what now? What will you do now that you've found Me?

What now? What will you do with this treasure you've found?
I know I may not look like what you expected, but if you'll remember
This is right where I said I would be. You found Me.
What now?

What a challenging thought! We say that we want to know Him, but Paul reminded us that fellowship with Him is a fellowship with His suffering, and with that of those that He loves.  So when you see someone in need, what are you going to do about it? 
January is "Make A Difference Month" at IBC.  I challenge you to be praying about how we can put into practice the truths that we are seeing from God's Word this month. I challenge you to make a difference in the life of someone around you before this week is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment